Monday, February 11, 2008

Wow

What a weekend we had. It started Saturday morning with Jason and me getting Jackson's pictures made and boy did he love it! This little boy really does enjoy being the center of attention! Then that night, we went and ate with my huge family for my grandfather's birthday!

I think the best part of the weekend though was Sunday morning. We went to church like we usually do, however this day, the Lord was really working on me. In Sunday school, we read Genesis 22. (The story where Abraham was told by God to sacrifice his son Isaac) Now I have read this story so many times, yet as a new mommy, I read it in a completely different way. As we were reading it, it brought tears to my eyes. I could not imagine what was going through Abraham's mind as he was taking his son to the mountain. (...God, why Isaac? ...Why me? ...Man, this is my boy. I love him so much!) Yet, Abraham was faithful. He knew that the Lord would provide...AND HE DID! What an awesome God! Then it hit me the sacrifice that the Lord made. He sent his perfect son who he loved to be the sacrificial lamb for someone like me. Someone who didn't deserve it. Thats how much Jesus loves me! Amazing.

Thank you Lord for sending your perfect Son for me!

No comments: