Tuesday, July 15, 2008

1st year stats

Well, last week I took Jackson to the Dr. for his one year check up and I decided that I will start posting his stats.
Weight: 22 lbs (50th percentile)
Height: 29.5 inches (25th percentile)
Head circumference: 47 cm (75th percentile)

What this tells me is that my son is perfect (if you don't believe me, ask Dr. Bubba).
I also thought that I would post the things that Jackson has learned to do in a year. It amazes me how much babies learn in 12 months.
This year, Jackson has:
*Learned to sit, crawl and walk.

*Drink from a sippy cup all by himself.

*Grown 6 teeth this year =)

*Had surgery.
*Learned to say mama, dada

*Learned that when asked what the puppy says, he should respond with... "Ah ah" (arf arf)
(this also goes for "what does the lamp say?" Ah ah. "What does the kitty say?" Ah ah. or "What does the rug say?" Ah ah. We are still perfecting this "trick")

*Learned that growling is a great way to get someone's attention (like the lady at the grocery store or the man sitting behind us at a restaurant)

*Learned to use a straw.

*Learned how to eat real food. (He would much rather have table food than baby food...wouldn't you? His favorite foods are: grilled cheese sandwiches, cheerios, and pancakes. Carbs, carbs and more CARBS...a man after his Mommy's heart!)

*Learned how the open cabinets and get Tupperware or pots and pans.

*Learned to make people laugh.

*Learned to melt Mommy's heart.

I can't say it enough. I can't believe how the year has flown. And I know that the next 6 months will hold even more changes for our family! I can't wait to see the person this little boy becomes! What an amazing gift God has given me.

No comments: