Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2009

I started the year off with 2 big goals: 1. lose weight (isn't that everyone's resolution?), and 2. get stronger in my walk with the Lord (Proverbs 31...thats the picture of the woman that I want to be. Those are some BIG shoes to fill)


How am I doing?
#1. Well almost 2 months in, I can honestly say that I am no more lighter than I was in 2008. I'm still working on motivation (hey, whatever makes me feel better, right?).



And #2. I'm doing ok but I feel like I have gotten myself into a "spiritual rut". (if that makes any sense) I do the same things day-to-day (quiet time/prayer) and I want to add something new to the mix. I was reading Beth Moore's blog the other day (I LOVE Beth Moore). She gave her "siestas" a goal to memorize a new scripture on the 1st and the 15th of every month. Well, I'm going to do it. I used to memorize scripture all the time in elementary and high school for some reason I have stopped doing this. I will be posting the verses that I am learning on here. Anyone want to join too?

1 comment:

Little Miss said...

I will join you! Just let me know where to start! I'm IN!