Monday, April 20, 2009
2. I am thankful I was able to see my precious baby.
3. I am thankful for its beating heart.
4. I am thankful there is only 1!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Checking out his eggs
Traditional Easter morning picture
After church, we went with every other family in Memphis to Memorial Park to take pictures.
Then we went to my parents house to eat the "traditional" Easter lunch. Ham, rolls.....you know what I'm talking about. Jackson got another Easter basket from my parents (he is not spoiled at all, right?)
Although we had a very busy weekend, we can't forget the purpose of Easter. It's not about a bunny, what you wear, or how many eggs you find. It's a day to rejoice that our Savior is alive! What a wonderful day!
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil 2:5-11
Friday, April 10, 2009
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbs. salt
1/2 cup Miracle Whip (I subbed this for sour cream once and it was equally delicious)
3 ripe bananas (the riper, the better!!!)
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg. Ann banana and mash thoroughly using a potato masher or a fork. Stir in Miracle Whip. Add to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
3. Fill paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full; sprinkle tops with chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool 5 minutes in the pan, and then remove to wire racks to finish cooling (good luck waiting that long...usually by this time we are chowing down on them). Store loosely in a covered container to help prevent stickyness (if there are any left)
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
*No, he is not taking eggs out of that little boys basket...he is giving them to him.
*So tired from all that hunting.
Friday, April 3, 2009
I think I can officially say I have morning sickness. Oh the joys of pregnancy.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I found this verse in a different translation (The Message) and I fell in love with it, so I included it as well:
"God’s love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, His verdicts oceanic. Yet in His largeness nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks. How exquisite Your love, O God!"