Friday, April 10, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Since some of my "blog" friends are posting recipes and such, I thought I would post one of my recent favorite things to make on a Saturday morning. Jackson LOVES bananas, but I was trying to figure out what to do with the one or two extra bananas we had left at the end of the week. I decided to start freezing them and make these muffins when we had enough. Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbs. salt
1 egg
1/2 cup Miracle Whip (I subbed this for sour cream once and it was equally delicious)
3 ripe bananas (the riper, the better!!!)
1 cup chocolate chips

1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg. Ann banana and mash thoroughly using a potato masher or a fork. Stir in Miracle Whip. Add to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
3. Fill paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full; sprinkle tops with chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool 5 minutes in the pan, and then remove to wire racks to finish cooling (good luck waiting that long...usually by this time we are chowing down on them). Store loosely in a covered container to help prevent stickyness (if there are any left)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love, love love recipes! This looks super delicious! I'll have to try it...I've actually got all those ingredients at home.

Ben and Audrey said...

thanks for the recipe! i'm going to try it out! i just posted a new recipe on my blog today!

Morgan Holt said...

Y-U-M-M-Y!! Let us know about your reaction to whatever it was. I'm really curious to know. I hope you are ok now. I'm sure it was very scary being pregnant.