Friday, April 3, 2009

Ugh!

When I was pregnant with Jackson, I never had any of the symptoms of pregnancy that most people do. Well, this time around all that has changed. I have been craving broccoli something fierce! Now, this is strange because I HATE broccoli in my "regular" life. For a week I was eating plain broccoli, broccoli cheese soup...if I could get my hands on it, I would eat it. So the other day in my Food & Family magazine, they had a recipe for chicken and broccoli casserole (pictured above) so of course I made it. 2 bites in, I was done with broccoli FOREVER!!!! I mean, just looking at the picture above makes me want to vomit! I pushed my plate aside and I was done with dinner. Jason was so sweet and put the left-overs in the fridge. The next morning, I opened the fridge to make my lunch and was met with the stench of left-over broccoli. UGH! I quickly grabbed a fizzy caffeine-free coke and a sleeve of Saltines and decided I would just buy my lunch. Since that fateful day, my stomach has been churning: morning, noon and night.

I think I can officially say I have morning sickness. Oh the joys of pregnancy.

4 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

yep, I would definitely say you have some morning sickness! I was the same way with anything being cooked. I couldn't smell it....PERIOD! If I smelled it before I was going to eat it, I would not even eat and be so nauseated afterwards! Try some ice cold orange juice in the morning....that's what hit the spot with the girls and helped me get over the early morning nausea. I had to head straight for the refrigerator in the morning.

Jessica Kenney said...

That stinks! We need to meet up for dinner and go get a cookie!!

Lindy said...

Ginger ale and ZOFRAN!!! bless your heart! I am just getting out of the first tri-mester, and it is still sooo vivid!

Heather said...

Maybe you're having a girl this time around since it's different :-) Yes, to the Zofran. Isn't it the worst when you can't even throw up? It's worse than actually throwing up, because at least then you can get some relief. I like to call it "puke purgatory."