Saturday, May 23, 2009

Show Me Where You Live- Dining Room

When I was a little girl, I remember driving around Harbor Town and peeking in the houses. (I'm telling you, no one has blinds on Harbor Town, you can see everything!) I loved to see what colors people used to decorate, what kind of furniture they had, was anyone in the room, were they watching TV...you know all the important stuff. As I have gotten older, this is still one of my guilty pleasures. Sometimes I will even tell Jason to drive by a house slowly so I can get a good peek.

One of my favorite bloggers Kelly, does "show us where you live Fridays"! I have taken a peek into all these houses and decided to join in the fun! Our house is in no way extravagant, but it's our house none the less. =)
This week, the room of choice is the Dining Room. We rarely use our dining room, but it is still one of my favorite rooms in our house. I remember walking into the open house and this was the first room that we saw...I fell in love immediately. I LOVE the paint job in this room. It is the only room in the house that we did not repaint. I also love our plantation shutters (another reason I fell hard for our house). Our table was the first Christmas present that Jason and I got together. My parents got it for us the Christmas before we got married. We went and picked it up on Christmas Eve and put it together in the apartment that Jason lived in.

The buffet was my great-grandmothers. My Mom had it first then passed it down to me. It needs to be refinished or painted but I still love it.
I got this little shelf at a yard sale for $5.00. It is the perfect place for all the Arthur Court wedding presents. I definitely need to do a little more decorating for this little area, but I can't figure out was to do. I am not the best at decorating with little knick-knacks. Any one have any suggestions?

Well, that's a peek into my house. I hope you enjoy our little "Home Sweet Home".

6 comments:

Heather said...

Shannon, what a neat idea! I love this and might have to steal it. I love having themes for day of the week on my blog...I think it keeps it interesting and organized. I love your dining room too!

whitjsss@aol.com said...

looks so nice. What's for dinner

Wendy said...

Love the paint job. I would not have repainted it either!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love this room and love your blog design....

I loved reading your blog tonight.
Be sure and stop by my blog and sign up for the "10 Giveaways" that I will draw for on Wednesday.

Also, please pray for sweet Maggie as she returns to St Jude's this week. Would love for you to grab her button for your blog...

zane said...

Eye-catching dining room furniture that not only looks amazing but is also affordable, check out this classy Dining Room Furniture Set

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I'm stopping by via Kelly's Korner.
You have a wonderful room to entertain and enjoy delicious meals.
I'm having such a great time visiting the SUYL participants' dining rooms. So many of you show how creative you are. I'm definitely take lots of notes!