Saturday, May 30, 2009

Show Me Where You Live- Nursery Edition

Jackson's room is my favorite room in our house! Partly because it is so fun, but the main reason is I have had so many memories in that room...good and bad. Good memories= coming home from the hospital and showing him his room first, rocking and reading books at night, and the sweet smiles I get when I go to get him out of his room in the morning. Not so good memories= being up all night when he was so sick, me sitting on the floor calling the on-call nurse and finally making a decision to go the hospital when he was 5 weeks old. So, take a peak into Jackson's nursery and let me share some more of my memories...Enjoy!
This is looking into Jackson's room from the hallway. When we found out that we were having a boy, there was no question that his room would have a farm theme (Jason was a farmer when he lived in Brownsville). Jackson has fully embraced anything that has to do with farms, but his biggest love is tractors! It is crazy to think that we did his room several months before he got here, but it totally fits his personality!
Changing table that we got on sale at Target! (Hooray for Target and for sales!!!!) I love his little curtains. If you look real close you may be able to see the little animals sewn on....rabbits, cows, chickens, horses and sheep. When he was a little baby, he loved to stare and coo at them while I was changing his diaper.
This dresser was mine when I was a little girl. My mom and I painted it and my Dad (who just happens to be my own personal Bob Vila) cut the white slats and put them on the doors. I love how it turned out. On top of the dresser is a tiny little barn. When I was pregnant with Jackson, I went to a children's consignment sale. I saw that tiny little barn and knew I had to have it. I fell in love with it and it's price!!! (gotta love consignment sales) It houses all farm animal beanie babies. I think it is super cute.
This is Jason's collection of John Deere tractors. The larger frame is a cross-stitch from a sweet lady at our church. She makes them for all the new babies at our church and then gives it to you your first week in the nursery. (so sweet) The second frame is a verse from my Aunt. "For this child I prayed and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of him." I Samuel 1:27 I love that verse. Jason and I began praying for Jackson right after we got married. The Lord has truly blessed us with a sweetheart! The hooks were from Hobby Lobby and again...on sale! =)

I LOVE this chair. It is so comfortable...perfect for midnight feedings. We went with a neutral color so we can use it in the next nursery and then in out house once are kids are too old for rocking. The monkey is what Jackson "choose" when he went through the Bunny Tunnel at LeBonheur. The blanket is something that Jason's Aunt made for Jackson before he was born (of course it is John Deere).
So that is a tour of Jackson's room. I hope you enjoyed it. If you want to see more cute nurseries....go to Kelly's blog and take a look.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi! I live in Memphis, too! I love your dinig room walls! So pretty! The nursery is very cute! Thanks for sharing your rooms!!!

Michelle said...

oops... I meant d-i-n-i-n-g!!!!

Ben and Audrey said...

his room is adorable! i LOVE the dresser!! such a cute idea!! hope you are feeling well!!

Myra said...

I love the farm theme!! So cute! Maybe his next room will be John Deere! :)

Creekmore's said...

Cute Cute Cute!! I love the barn cabinet. What a great idea. We live an hour from Memphis and are there often. My in-laws are in W. Memphis. We were at a Redbirds game last night!

pumpkinpatches said...

Okay that dresser might be the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
-Ash-