Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MDO...Round 2

Well, today was the beginning of MDO. Most of my friends know that Jackson was kicked out his first MDO in April. Yes, yes, you read that right. They kicked my sweet, precious, 21 month old out of MDO. Since April, I have had this terrible nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. When you are told that your precious child is "aggressive" and there isn't much they can do with him, you start to question what you are doing wrong as a parent. The more I have prayed about it and hear from friends and family, the more I know that it was nothing that we are doing wrong. So, with my stomach in knots, my sweet 23 month old started MDO #2.

The morning started off a little rough. While I was getting me and him ready for the day, he was acting out in all of his terrible 2 glory. While I was getting him dressed, he was spitting. While I was making him lunch, he was screaming on the floor. At one point, he bumped the back of his head on the stove...when I bent down to check on him, he flipped over and bumped his lip on the tile floor causing it to bleed. And then, in the blink of an eye, he was my sweet boy again!

*Typical 1st day of school pic. (He is over his tantrum here)

*What do you know, the tantrum came back.

When we got to school, he was pretty timid. He is definitely at a stage where strangers are BAD. He started crying when I handed him over to his new teachers. When I picked him up from school, they said that he had a good day! Praise the Lord. We have been praying over him that the Lord would shower him with sweetness and that his teachers would have extra patience with him. The Lord answered our prayers!



*Much happier after a long day!

3 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

yay for jackson!! i hope he has nothing but great days at MDO!!! he's a doll. and i hope you are feeling well!

Jessica Kenney said...

I am so excited for you guys!! He will grow out of all of that. How are you feeling and when do you find out what your having???

Lindy said...

hooray!!! hope it continues to go well!