Sunday, June 28, 2009

Show Me Where You Live- Master Bedroom Edition

Last week on "Show Me Where you Live" was bathrooms. If you have seen our bathrooms, you know they are a thorn in my side. There was no way I was putting them out there for all of "blogdom" to see. (Trust me they are TERRIBLE!) Well, this week is master bedrooms at Kelly's blog. I like our bedroom quite a bit, so for your viewing pleasure...please enjoy our room.
This is our room looking in from the hall. I love the color of our room. When we first got married, we lived in an apartment and outside our bedroom window was a flood light. At midnight, our room was so bright, so needless to say we wanted our room to be as dark as possible. I definitely think we accomplished our goal, you can't see anything at night...super cozy. Our curtains were a Wal-mart special and our bed was a DIY project. The December before we got married Jason's aunt offered us her bedroom set (bed, dresser and "tv" cabinet) for free. It was pretty old and not really our style, but we knew we could make it work, afterall it was free! After sanding, painting, and some new hardware, I think it turned out pretty good.
We got this cross on our honeymoon in Cozumel. Everytime I look at it, it takes me back to our honeymoon. Such a fun trip!This is our 2nd part of our DIY project, the "tv" cabinet. I hate to say it but those 2 drawers are pretty much all the drawer space that Jason gets. What, I've got lots of clothes. (part of my goal this week is to go through my clothes and take them to Goodwill...we will see if that gets accomplished!)
My sister made this picture frame for us as a wedding present and I love it. I think she did such a great job!
This is the last part of our DIY project, our dresser. (Please excuse the t-shirt that is hanging out of the drawer, but that is so me! There is always something hanging out of a drawer...I'm not the neatest person.) =)

4 comments:

mustard seeds said...

looks pretty

Ben and Audrey said...

i love your room. ya'll did a great job with the DIY projects. the curtains are cute and i love the hardwood floors!!! so fun!

Creekmore's said...

Nice room. I like the furniture. I'm just an hour to your west and venture to Memphis often (my husbands from W. Memphis).

Jean Tatum said...

Looks so neat and clean!