Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Getaway

I have said it before, I wish I could make a living off of winning things off the radio. I won something that involves 2 of my favorite people...Dinner for 2 at Paula Dean's buffet and tickets to see Larry the Cable Guy! Jason and I were so excited so we decided to make a little weekend getaway out of it. (Thanks mom for watching Jackson!)
*Getting ready to eat some yummy dinner! (Jason thought I was nuts for wanting to take a picture with a cardboard cutout.)
Yes ladies and gentlemen, these were both mine. Mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, Lima beans, chicken, meatloaf, chicken and rice casserole, fried green tomatoes, and dressing. I hate to say that I didn't even eat half of the first plate (so wasteful). I started feeling sick during the meal. Jason had to "man up" and eat my share of the meal as well as his. =) Next time we go, I will make sure that I am not pregnant and can enjoy the food.
After dinner, we went to see Larry. We were upset because our show didn't start until 10:00 pm (but it was free, what could I expect). If you know me, you know that is well past my bedtime. (I usually sack out around 9...Man, am I getting old or what?) The opening guy was hilarious. I had seen him on Chelsea Lately before but never really paid attention to him, I will from now on (his name was Josh something...). Then Larry came out. To say that I was excited would be an understatement. My stomach hurt so bad from laughing!
*Singing the funny songs he makes up.
*Shaking hands after the show. I didn't get a handshake....but I did get a wave.

When the show was over, I was exhausted. We went back to our room, and of course I was hungry because I didn't hardly eat anything for dinner. Jason decided he would go get ice and some snacks and he left. 3 minutes later, he comes back white as a ghost. He says "You will never guess who is staying next door to us!" of course I couldn't guess and then he says "Larry.". WHAT?!?!! I jump up and down and start doing the silent scream. Apparently, when Jason was coming out of our room, Larry was coming down the hall. Jason said he just stood and stared at him and watched him walk in his room directly across the hall from ours! (This is when I go into total stalker mode.) Everytime I heard a door in the hall close, I was staring out the peephole to see if it was him. I never did get to see him, but I had fun being his stalker.
*Getting ready to check out of our room.
We had such a fun little "adventure" but I was so ready to go get my little one! We will always have Tunica! =)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You look so pretty!

Devin said...

I have to say--that looks like my kind of night! The food alone would have made my whole weekend!!

Nice to meet you Shannon! I love checking out new blogs and saw today that you were a new follower--yay! Your blog is so cute...as is Jackson! It's funny--that is a name we are considering for our new little one, if we have (yet ANOTHER) boy!

Congrats on your new baby as well :-) and I look forward to visiting here often!

Devin