Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wow, You're 2!!!

(Ok, I am a terrible Mommy. Jackson turned 2 on July 6th. We have been busy and my blogging has been slacking. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)



2 year old stats:
Head Circumference: 50 cm (75th percentile)
Height: 35 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 30 lbs. (75th percentile)
What are you doing now?:

*Speak in 3 to 4 word sentences. I love seeing how many new words you learn a day (this truly amazes me). You also have some funny sayings that you have picked up on ("I love you alot" "Hey girl" "Holla"). Mommy and Daddy have to be careful what we say around you...you pick up EVERYTHING!

*You love to sing. Any song that comes on the radio, you know at least some of the chorus. Your favorites include "Jesus loves me", "Oh, how I love Jesus", and the ever popular "Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas.

*You don't watch a ton of TV but you love: Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, and Special Agent Oso. You also LOVE commercials. When they come on you announce "Mercials!" and get so excited.

*You can count to 10, sing all your ABC's and are getting pretty good on your colors. You can climb stairs and go back down. You can take your clothes off all by yourself.

*You have an odd love of tractors , tools and bulldozers. (You are ALL boy!)

*You are definitely going through terrible 2's. You still bite some and we are really working on that! Pinching, tantrums, throwing toys and spitting are also a new occurrence. Our Dr. says that you are a normal boy and that you will grow out of all these traits. (this can't happen soon enough)
*You have tee teed on the potty a few times. You always let us know when you are ready to sit on the potty. Maybe soon we will try potty training.
*Foods you love: Fries, pizza, salad, chicken, oranges, watermelon, mac-n-cheese, and casseroles. You love all carbs...you are your mommas son for sure! Veggies...not so much.
My Sweet Jackson,
Two years ago my life changed forever. I love everything about being your Mommy. You have taught me so much: patience, compassion, and love like I have never understood. You are so funny and always light up my day.
My prayer for your life is that you are not only happy but become a man that fears the Lord. It is our duty as your parents be examples of Christ to you and I pray that the Lord leads me to be the parent that he wants me to be. I love you little boy!

1 comment:

mustard seeds said...

I dont know where the past two years have gone. He is such a precious boy. What did we do before he came along?I love him more every day.
Mimi