Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Big Boy Room

After 3 coats of paint and 2 long weeks, Jackson's big boy room is finally done! I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out and Jackson is in hog heaven...he LOVES it.

It's super bright! Gotta love "Donald Duck Orange".
I got these pictures at a consignment sale. They were in a natural wood frame, but I spray painted them navy. I love the way it turned out...I think they look much better with a blue frame. It "pops" on the orange wall.

This is a stop sign that I "found" when I was a senior in high school. I promise, I really did find it. It was in a parking lot and it was laying on the ground. I picked it up and it has been in my parents garage since then. I was never sure what I was going to use it for. I really like the way it looks in that little corner.
This sign is on his closet wall. This is another sign that I got when I was in college. I think someone in my sorority gave it to me.
Jackson getting to work in his brand new room.
Jason and Jackson playing cars.
Ready for bed. How did his first night go? It went pretty well. It took him a bit to fall asleep. He was so wound up at bedtime (probably from the excitement of the new room). We read a book said our prayers and gave kisses and hugs. He cried for a few minutes and kept asking for more hugs and kisses or his stuffed animal "Boo Boo Chicken" (any reason to get Jason or me in there). He finally fell asleep and slept good....until he FELL OUT OF THE BED (and yes, he did have bed rails). He found a tiny 8 inch gap at the head of the bed to slip through. He was ok, and Jason got him back to sleep fairly quickly. He slept until 6:30 this morning. I would call that a pretty successful night...right?

4 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

hey girl! i love his big boy room. its too cute. you've encouraged me in my journey to fixing up jack's new room, soon. i was curious where you got the storage unit. (the one in the picture underneath the pictures you got at a consignment sale) i'm looking for something exactly like that for jack's new room.

great job! hope you are feeling well!!

Shannon said...

Thanks girl. We got it at Target. They have them where the children's bedding is. I can't wait to see Jack's new bedroom too

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

A nice bright and happy room!

somedaycrafts said...

Love the orange and stop sign!!! Fun room!