Friday, September 4, 2009

"Crack" Dip

It's tailgate time again, so I thought I would post my favorite tailgating appetizer. When we go to any potluck or tailgate, this is that I am required to bring. We call it "crack dip" because it is addictive like, well you get the idea... It combines 2 of my favorite things: sausage and cream cheese. Whats not to love?

1 lb. of sausage (You can use mild or hot. Whatever your preference)
2 brick of cream cheese
1 can of Rotel tomatoes

Brown the sausage. Drain very well (I also rinse it to get any extra grease) and return to skillet. Melt in cream cheese and Rotel. Put in a crockpot on lowest setting to keep warm. Enjoy with tortilla chips or Fritos! YUM!

And since I am talking tailgating, let me say...
Go Tigers Go!

11 comments:

alanna rose said...

Sounds so good!
This is the perfect dip for my new teeny-tiny crockpot, thanks!

Heather said...

I seriously can not wait to try this!! Sounds delish!! Thanks for sharing!!

mustard seeds said...

I;m making this right now for tonight. Yum.
Mom

taralynn819 said...

You have to know you'll be getting lots of traffic from Diptacular from the title of this dip alone!! So many great new recipes to try...

Shelley said...

The title is hilarious...love it! Can't wait to try your recipe.

Jessica Kenney said...

Are you guys going to the game Sunday? Jon and I will be there.

Shannon said...

No we aren't going. Wish we were. You guys have fun!!! =)

Emory said...

I made this dip this weekend and it was gone in minutes. Thanks for the recipe.

Michelle@Teagan's Travels said...

Popping over from Kelly's Korner! I so agree! This one rocks! We love it during football season:) Loved checking out your blog!

Anonymous said...

I make a dip very similar to this but we call it "Ugly Dip". How mine it different is when I brown the sausage I add a chopped onion then drain. After that I add the cream cheese, rotel, and a can of chopped green chilis. It just adds a little kick to the dip. We just love it!!!

bonnie-bonnbonnboutiqe.blogspot.com said...

just found this on pinterest! going to try it today for the 4th of July:)