Saturday, October 17, 2009

34 Weeks

 
34 weeks...that is so close, yet so far away! We are so close to meeting this little guy and I can't wait to kiss all over him. I'm still feeling pretty good. I have started having some major back pains and some mild contractions. I guess it is all part of it when you get this far along.

I switch to Heparin next week. I will be taking it 2 times a day and I am actually looking forward to it. I have heard that it is a much smaller needle and doesn't burn when you inject it. (It's the little things in life, right?)

This week at the Dr., I had a pretty good check-up. I gained 3 lbs this week (4 lbs total...I'm pretty pleased with that number).  I also had my weekly ultrasound. Everything looked pretty good, except for my fluid level. It went up from 13 cm to 18 cm. Because it went up so much in a week, I have to go back on Monday just to check my fluid again. Dr. M said that she was not "concerned" at this point but they want to make sure that it does not make another big jump over the weekend. We are just praying right now that his fluid stays the same or even goes down a little and we ask that y'all pray with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Other than that, everything is going great. I will post on Monday about what the Dr. says.

2 comments:

Jessica Kenney said...

I love that Dr.Miller! :) Praying for you!

Heather said...

Shannon - you look so great! Hang in there - he will be here before know it!