Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009


Cowboy Jax and his horse Tex, 2009

After being stuck in the house for a week, we finally busted out tonight to Trick-or-Treat. (We have been fever free for 3 days, so it was time for Mommy to go somewhere other than the Dr.'s office.) Ok, so we didn't do any heavy duty Trick-or-Treating...but we got in costume and hit up 2 houses. That counts, right?

First we went to our friend's Betsy and Jimmy's house. Betsy is my mom and grandmother's best friend and Jackson absolutely adores her. The whole way to her house, we practiced saying "Trick-or-Treat" and he had it down pat. As soon as we got to her house, he became SO shy. I guess not seeing anyone but me in a week made him forget how to act in public.

After we left their house, we made the trek out to Fayette County to see my parents. As soon as we got on the interstate, Jackson kept asking if we were going to Mimi and Buddy's. He was super excited to go to their house.

 He was SO excited to see his Mimi and Buddy!


This is a good view of the whole costume. It made me laugh all night.

Jackson was checking out his Halloween basket from his Mimi and Buddy. He went straight for his favorite candy...Sour Patch Kids. (He is definately my child!!!)

So tired but so happy to have left the house.



4 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

i absolutely love his costume. it is just so cute!!!! i'm glad ya'll had fun & were able to get out of the house. i know the feeling of cabin fever!!! have a great & healthy week!!!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I hope things are going well and if I have counted right you have a month to go--how exciting. I have 4 kiddos and absolutely love labor and deliver--I was so sad and devastated that I had to have an emergenct c-section with G3 and was soooo thrilled to get to delivery G4. In the middle of intense labor I was thnaking my dr over and over for allowing me to deliver. The nurse was looking at me a little weird and I said "I love labor and delivery" and she said "I can see that, I've never had anyone in the midst of labor thanking the dr for allowing them to go through it".

Sorry it took me so long to come by--it has been a crazy Oct. I hope Nov goes much better. I didn't see a follower area so I will add you to my dashboard.

Cheri

Allyson said...

So glad he's better and you didn't get it! Scary stuff!

The costume is way too cute! I LOVE the crossed legs on the first pict!

And I am a sour candy loving gal too. There is a candy store in the Opry Mills mall that sells Cry Baby Tears candy - by the box. It's SUPER sour!!! I get ulcers in my mouth every time I eat a box, but they are so good - and very addicting! My mouth is watering just talking about it!

How are the shots going? Are you liking heparin better than L'nox?

Allyson

becky said...

Too Cute!!!!!