Friday, December 4, 2009

Giving Santa a Second Chance

Last year, we took Jackson to see Santa Claus. I was so excited. I planned what he would wear, and got his hair perfectly quaffed (which is hard, trust me. Double crown and a widows peak with a swirl in the middle of his forehead. His hair baffles me!) On the way to see Santa, I was telling him all about it, in my mind picturing the precious pictures and memories we were about to make. Well, our perfect Santa experience never happened. We got there and Jackson had a MELTDOWN to say the least. We had already paid our money and by george we were getting a picture. So Jason and I had to get in the picture with him...
I was absoluely unprepared to be in a picture that day. I was so upset with this pic.

This year, Jackson has started talking about Santa. For some reason, I thought his pictures would be different. I was picturing an excited little boy that would run up to Santa and give him a big hug and tell him everything he wanted (which consists of a leaf blower, tools, and a shop vac...odd?!) then take an amazing picture! Did that happen? NO. Before we took Jackson to see Santa at the mall ($$$), we decided to go get a picture for free at Bass Pro Shop and give it a trial run.  Well see for yourself how our pic turned out...
This picture to me is pure comedy. I am unprepared for a picture again, Jackson is terrified, Jason is sitting on Santa's lap (this is my favorite part), and Hudson is just hanging out. Maybe 2010 will be our year. Keeping my fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

Shannon, I actually love the first picture! I've never seen one like that before. This years picture is great too! I love how you were able to get both boys in the picture with Santa. Oh, and 2010 might be a problem with Hudson! :) HA! You get one straight with Santa and now you have to work on the other....

Sarah said...

This post made me laugh so hard it hurt my belly. So funny!

Glad I ran into you this weekend. You look great!

Lindy said...

LOL! I was laughing so hard, I got tears in my eyes!!! love it!