Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas...

I love the way that my house looks at Christmas time. We usually decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving (or before) but this year we are way behind-I think I have a good excuse. This weekend we had more fun decorating. We put up our decorations and then when they boys were sleeping, Jason and I watched "White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn"-2 of our favorite Christmas movies (We have lots of favorite Christmas movies-like at least 6.).
2 precious boys in their Christmas pjs. (Can you tell that Jackson's face is chapped? He is definately my child. My face did that every winter when I was a little girl)
Jackson putting on ornaments. He only wanted to put on the tractor ornaments and quickly lost intrest when the tractors were all on the tree.
The finished tree. We usually put an angel at the top but this year I am having a little love affair with gold ting ting. I am using it everywhere in my decorating. I can't get enough! Jason is totally making fun of me for this.
Some of my favorite ornaments-The top one is "Hudson's first Christmas". The bottom picture is of Jackson's foot when he was 2 months old (I go tomorrow to pick up Hudson's footprint. I'm so excited) and the other is our family ornament from this year. We get a family ornament every year and it is so fun to get them out every year and watch how our family has grown since 2006.
4 little stocking hung with care.

I also wanted to show my attempt at being creative. Before Christmas, I went to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby, and fell in love with a wreath but could not handle the price ($125-yikes). Even at half off, it was a little much for me. I decided I would try to make it myself.
What you need is a wreath of any size, floral picks, and a few boxes of ornaments.
Put the picks in wherever you would like them and secure with floral wire. Then take your ornaments and fill in where it is bare. Secure these with floral wire as well.
The final product. I am pretty pleased with it. Not too bad for my first project. The price wasn't bad either. Everything I got was 40-50% off. The total cost was around $25-I can live with that price.

Linking to The Nester and DIY Showoff

3 comments:

mustard seeds said...

Ooh, it looks so pretty. You did a good job on the wreath. I can't wait to se my boys tomorrow.
Mimi

-Meleah- said...

I'm in Memphis, too! I just followed a link from The DIY Show Off. Love your footprint ornament. We have a handprint. Wonder if it's from the same business? lol.

Griffith Family said...

Very pretty! Sweet children in Christmas pjs are my favorite. Also- saw in your profile about the Cherry Coke Zero- amen! Merry Christmas.