Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Little Visitor

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year-I love the lights, the crisp cool weather, family traditions, but mostly the meaning of Christmas- the birth of Jesus. This year has already proved to be fun because Jackson is noticing Christmas lights and decorations and talks about baby Jesus and Santa. I love to see the holidays through his innocence.

 Last night began our second year of a fun tradition. When we put Jackson to bed, we read him the book Elf on the Shelf. We told him when he woke up that his elf would be here to watch him. This morning when we woke up, look who we found. He was just hanging out in our kitchen.
Jackson likes his new friend....
...I mean he really likes him. He is already kissing all over him.

We get to keep him until Christmas Eve and then he goes back to live with Santa. We need to name him, but we are having a little trouble coming up with something that matches his personality (I can tell he is a little mischevious, I mean look at that gleam in his eyes...I see that look everyday from Jackson.). Help us out guys...
...our elf needs a name. What could it be?
 

5 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

hmmm. he sure is a cute little elf. we've thought about starting this little tradition in our home. it sounds like so much fun!!

i am terrible at coming up with catchy cute names. i know will ferrell was buddy the elf. maybe something christmasy. i'll think about it and get back to you. the names running through my head are ridiculous!!

Morgan Holt said...

Ours is Mr. Jingle Bells! Emmersen named him when she was 2. Oh...and you're not supposed to touch him!! :) Did you not read the book, Shannon?!? HA!

mustard seeds said...

How about Alfie the Elf?

Shannon said...

We did read the book, but he grabbed him before I could stop him. Luckily, the elf forgave him and his magic wasn't taken. I like Alfie...Alfie it is!

Allyson said...

We LOVE our elf, Harry. Ours is a good elf. We have friends that have "bad" elves in their house that knock down their tree, roll their house, etc...The last thing I need is another "person" making a mess in the house!!!

We have had so much fun with him this year and the stocking thing has gone well. There have actually been a couple of nights where he didn't leave a gift and it made an impression on them!

LOVE the picts of the boys on your header. Hudson is absolutely beautiful...would Jason mind me calling his boy beautiful? I mean it in the manly-ist of ways! Kinda like how cute he looks sitting in Santa's lap!!!

Thanks for the prayers for Christopher! Being mommies of newborns, you can imagine unfathomable this is going to be. I appreciate it!