Friday, December 11, 2009

Puppy Chow

It's that time of year where we all start making yummy Christmas goodies. I am not a good baker- almost everything that goes in my oven gets burned. I needed a failproof treat- so here is one of the easiest recipes around (and one of the yummiest!)...Puppy Chow (aka Monkey Munch)
Here's what ya need:
1 box of Crispix
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 stick of butter
bag of powdered sugar
In a very large bowl, pour the entire box of Crispix. In a seperate bowl, melt the chocolates, peanut butter, and butter in the microwave. Stir the chocolate several times as it is melting. When it is completely melted, pour the chocolate over the cereal stiring to get all the cereal coated (stir carefully so as to not break the cereal pieces). Once all the pieces are covered with chocolate, pour powered sugar over the cereal. Stir carefully and cover all the pieces liberally with powered sugar. There is no set amount of powered sugar to use, just keep adding until the cereal is covered to your liking. I store this treat in 2 gallon sized ziploc bags.
The end result is a snack that you can't put down.Wouldn't it be cute if you gave it to friends in a cute little Christmas tin or metal pail-I know that is a present I can get behind. Enjoy!

*Go to Kelly's Korner or DIY showoff to find more yummy goodies.

6 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

YUM! I love this recipe too! We used to make it all the time in college and now I make it for my girls. It's definitely a great treat!

SmallWorld at Home said...

I have a friend who makes this and my daughter LOVES it!

Mallory said...

This is always such a fun treat to make! People love this...me too!

Heather said...

I LOVE this one! I could eat this all day long!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Thanks for the recipe! I have been craving this...perfect timing!