Monday, January 25, 2010

Jackson's New Tricks

My mom and I have really been trying to teach Jackson some Bible verses. I am very surprised at how quickly he learns them. I have been wanting to video him doing this for a while so we bribed him rewarded him with a piece of chocolate to get him to sit still long enough to get it.
video
He has learned 4 so far. For those of you who don't speak 2 year-old as fluently as I do, this is what he is saying:

"For God so loved the world, he gave his only Son." John 3:16
"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart." Proverbs 3:5
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." Psalm 23:1

I am thinking the next verse we teach him will be "Honor your Father and Mother...". That would be perfect for time-outs.

2 comments:

Audra Laney said...

There is nothing more beautiful than a child with a heart for the Lord!

charitysq said...

that was the most precious thing i have ever seen!!!