Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New You?

I have been thinking about New Year's resolutions lately. I have always made them, but have I kept them?...No. This year, I figured I would post mine. Who knows, maybe since it is on paper, it will happen.

Spiritually:
1. Continue to get to know the Lord better. Quiet times, Scripture memory, prayer-I want to get better in all these categories. I want to become a prayer warrior for my friends and family. I want to teach Jackson more scripture.

2. Become a better wife and mother. I want to make being a wife a priority. When you have kids, that is so hard to do. I also want to grow to be more patient with the boys.

Every Day Life:
1. Lose this baby weight (plus some!...well, ALOT). I want to get in really good shape. I am not going to put a number on the pounds I want to loose, I just want to feel good and be able to keep up with my boys. *I'll throw this out there too...I have always wanted to be a runner. I saw my sis complete her first half-marathon this December and I was so proud of her. I have always wanted to run a half-marathon. It's on my bucket list. Is this the year, who knows maybe. (Hey, since it is written it might happen.)

2. Cook at home at least 4 or 5 times a week. I want to introduce more fruits and veggies into our diet. I have been a terrible example for Jackson. He has become so picky and I have not tried to do anything about it. I want to offer him more options. He may not eat it, but it will be offered. Maybe one day he will try it.

3. I want to be more frugal. I want to learn to coupon and buy "treasures" at yard sales. I want to have some money in savings by the end of 2010.

This is my list. Am I being too ambitious?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Not at all too ambitous! You can do it! Thanks for sharing. =)

Ben and Audrey said...

thats a great list!!!

i have loose weight on mine too. heaven knows i need to!! i'm just chalking it up to 2 babies in 2 years!!!

i also want to cook at home more. i usually do 3-4 times a week, but i'd love to about 5 or 6 times a week.

i LOVE couponing. its seriously addicting. let me know if you need any help!!!

happy new year!

Jessica Kenney said...

Sounds good to me!!

I have made a monthly meal plan for meals. It helps to know when we will be home or out and what I am making.

I will be loosing weight with ya come June! :)