Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cardboard Testimony

I saw this this morning on Kelly's blog. To say that I was moved would be an understatement. I had never seen it before-but I have now seen it 3 times and cried like a baby each time. I think for the most part, the church likes to pretend that they have it all together (I know I do!). This video is a great picture of people being real and transparent and showing that our God is big and capable of doing anything.
 
My "cardboard testimony" is something I have been strtuggling with lately. While I have been on maternity leave, we have been trying to figure out what I need to do. With all that I am, I long to be a stay-at-home mom. We have tried to make it work, the only thing holding us up is health insurance (the boys are on mine and Jason's is ridiculously expensive). We have prayed hard and I have applied for jobs that would allow me to stay home during the week and work on the weekend. Every door that has opened, has slammed in our face. I was (and since I am being so honest, I still am...) so discouraged. So my testimony right now is:
to putting my trust in this promise....
What is your "cardboard testimony"?
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i HAVE FAILED OTHERS.
MY GOD HAS NOT FAILED ME.

Ben and Audrey said...

oh shannon. i completely relate to your desire to stay at home with your kids. i work only 2 days a week. i keep brad & karrie's little girls. and jack goes with me. i love macy & mara. they are precious. and i'll be able to take jovie. but my desire is to stay home full time with both my kids, 7 days a week. its just easier. working those 2 days wears me out and my kids. i long to be able to be home full time. but we aren't sure if we could swing it. i'll definitely be praying for you and i ask that you please pray for me. maybe soon, we'll both get the desires of our hearts!!

love you girl!

Karlye said...

Just wanted to share with you this! Farm Bureau has TN Rural Health Insurance Plan through BCBS. It is individual insurance, but it is kind of a group plan because of the TN Farm Bureau. Check it out! That is what we have! We pay $222 a month for family coverage. It covers the husband, wife, and unlimited number of kids! So if we have another child one day the monthly premium will not go up! The deductible is $1500. It is a great price! Robbie's job does not offer insurance and since I am a stay at home mom we had to get individual insurance, but it has worked out great!

Erin, Mommy on the Run said...

Girl, I can totally relate. Praise the Lord, I am turning in my notice at work this week to stay home. God is faithful and will honor the desire to be homeward in your focus. Have you looked into a health co-op? My sister in law (Karen Haynes) does it with her family. You could talk to her about it.