Friday, February 26, 2010

Going to the Chapel and She's Gonna Get Married....

I have already said it...but my little sister, Shawn, is getting married, and I am SO excited for her. (and can I add that I think she will be the most beautiful bride ever) I can't believe that we are old enough to be married (and for me to have 2 kids). Weren't we just in pigtails and playing dress-up? She has found a wonderful man who complements her so well and I couldn't be happier for them!

Jackson is in the wedding as a ring bearer. Well, he will hold a pillow with fake rings on it- we don't trust him with the real rings. We were practicing with him holding a pillow and walking down the aisle. We were trying to show Shawn that he could do it. We told him that it was very important to hold the pillow tight and not to drop it....blah, blah, blah. He walked our pretend aisle holding the pillow perfectly. As soon as he "got to the front", he stood there for a second and then threw the pillow on the ground. Yes, we will be using fake rings. I don't want to be on all fours during the ceremony trying to find the rings! (couldn't you see me doing that?...I could. HA!) Anyway, Jackson's suit came in the other day and we had a fashion show.
Isn't it so cute? I think he was quite fond of it...or at least fond of Me and Mimi telling him how cute he was! The guys will be wearing khaki suits and Jackson's suit is more the color of the bridesmaids dresses-I think it will blend in reallly well!

We also found Hudson's outfit. I am in love with it too. The picture isn't the best it was taken with my phone in our dark room- but you get the idea. It matches the suit that Jason will be wearing (he is a groomsman).
Shawn has some showers coming up next month and I have a few ideas of some things that I will be making her. I will be posting more on those later!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Laura Matthews said...

Very, very cute! What a little man!

Tiffany said...

So fun! Congratulations to your sister and so fun for Jackson!

becky said...

Shannon I have just come upon your blog!! Your kids are such cuties!! I hope everything is great with you. You seem so happy!

becky said...

Shannon I have just found your blog. YOur kids are just precious!!! I am so happy things are going well for you guys!!!

Allyson said...

Handsome boys! Love the suit and my kids lived in Strasburg stuff! Such great heirloom items!

Can't wait to see the wedding picts. And I agree, your sister is going to be a gorgeous bride.

Blessings,
Allyson

P.S. Thanks for the award!