Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Fun

This weekend, Jason went camping with my sister's fiance and the rest of the groomsmen, so we packed up and headed to my parents house. It was a nice weekend just to get away. My parents live in "the country" and it is so quite, so we got some good rest at night. We went out to eat on Friday night and Saturday I helped my Mom with some wedding things while my Dad and Jackson went to the John Deere dealership. They went to get a lawn mower, but they came back with this...
Jackson is the proud new owner of a John Deere Gator. Dad said that Jackson sat on it the whole time they were there so he decided to get it for him. (Can you say sucker? I wonder if I go sit in a new car, will he get that for me?...May have to try that)
Apparently while they were there Jackson was pretty charming. He came home talking about Mrs. Debbie and telling me she gave him candy. They also gave him a brand new John Deere hat. Dad said he was walking around and making friends with everyone there-Silly boy!
They came home and after charging the battery for 18 hours he was able to ride it. He is a pretty good driver for being 2.5.
Sunday, we went to my sister's bridesmaid dinner. One of her favorite restaurants is Stix in Collierville, so that is where we went.
I got the favors for the dinner. Are these not adorable. Laurie from Whimsy Cookie Co. made them. She made a bride cookie for Shawn, bridesmaid cookies for the girls and a ring for Jackson since he is the ring "barrow" (what Jackson calls his job). Not only were they cute, they were SO YUMMY. (Trust me, the picture doesn't do them justice. They were precious! You can't tell all the details she put on them)
We had such a fun time eating at the hibachi table!
Jackson was pretty entertained.
Shawn has always had a love for Barbie. When she was a little girl, several of her birthday cakes were Barbie cakes. She has been asking for a few years for a Barbie dress cake for her birthday. Well, she finally got her Barbie cake. She was SO excited.
We have had a wonderful weekend. Since we weren't home this weekend, my house is in need of cleaning. I am off to try to make it a little better!

Photobucket

2 comments:

mustard seeds said...

It was a fun weekend.

Jennie said...

Your blog is so cute. I have an award for you over at my blog. :)