Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Ok, so Memorial Day has been over for quite a while, but I'm still going to tell you what we did.

Friday, Jason got the day off so he got to stay home with the boys. (It also happened to be his 32nd birthday. What a birthday present...getting to kee 2 busy younguns. I think they wore him out) The boys came and ate lunch with me at Lenny's. I love to see them during my work day, but it sure does make it hard to go back to work.

Saturday, we went to see Jason's family in Brownsville. We ate a yummy lunch and then got in some pool time.
Hudson had fun, but I'm not sure he even knew he was in the pool. He was in the water for a total of 5 minutes (all of which consisted of him holding this steering wheel of his float and/or chewing it) and then he headed inside to take a nap on Jason's aunt. I think she was in hog heaven snuggling with that little boy-I know I am when I snuggle with him. 
Jackson had a blast in the pool. He was a little timid about it at first but after he knew he could trust us to hold him he eased up a bit. He learned how to blow bubbles and kick his feet. He went down the slide and jumped in (with much coaxing). By the end of it, he was going between me and Jason, paddling his arms and kicking his legs. I'm seriously thinking about swimming lessons after his birthday in July.

When we got home, the boys were EXHAUSTED. They went to bed very easily. Jason put Hudson to bed and 30 minutes later, went in to check on him because he was making some odd noises. He woke me up and told me he thought he might have a fever. Sure enough, he had a fever of 104.
That scared this momma to death. I got on the phone with the Dr.s office. The nurse called me back and I was so glad to hear a familiar voice on the other end , my friend Lindy. I stayed up with Hudson that night and gave him Tylenol every 4 hours and he even got a taste of his first popsicle which he LOVED!!! He kept his fever for all of Sunday and most of Monday. I called Lindy again and we were about to take him to the Urgent care clinic when he turned into a different child. As quick as this "illness" came on, it left him. We went to my parents house that night for a cookout.
...see doesn't he look much happier/better?
Jackson had a fun day too. He got to ride his gator and learned to put it in 2nd gear which makes him FLY across the yard. I forgot to tell ya'll, I won his shirt in a blog contest. Isn't it the cutest? It came from If You Say Sew Gifts. Check out their stuff...They have some great stuff. (PS...Don't be surprised if you see it in 4th of July pics too)
Hudson had a little snuggle time with Mimi and then we packed up and headed home. We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I hope you guys did too!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Ben and Emily said...

Looks like a nice weekend!

I love Jackson's "J" shirt...too cute!