Friday, June 11, 2010

Total Randomness and 2 Wins!

This month has been pretty busy. I decided to do a random blog of some of the things we have been up to (and I have forgotten to write about).

1. 2 weekends ago, I was working on this:
Jackson is "Star of the Month" in his class. He is so excited! Everytime I pick him up, he makes sure that I see his pictures.
I get a little misty when I think that this is the first time he will "Star of the Month" in his "school career". On another note, I went to pick him up early yesterday to take him to the Dr. and I was stopped by so many teachers, some who aren't even his teachers, and they made sure that I knew how much they loved him. They went on and on about how polite and sweet he was! Oh how far we have come in just a few months. I am so proud of him!

2. Jason and Jackson are peas in a pod when it comes to tools. Jason has a catalog of tools in his truck that Jackson "reads" on the way to school in the morning. I mean they are like Tim "the Toolman" Taylor from Home Improvement-they even grunt like him. Last Saturday, Jason and Jackson had a man-date to Home Depot. They have a free class for kids and Jackson built his first project.
He hammered everything in. Jason said he did better than most of the older kids that were doing the project.
He made a mini foosball table. He was so proud of it. I think they are going to start doing this on the first Saturday of every month!

3. Hudson has changed so much this week! It is amazing to see how quickly he is changing.
He is sitting up much better. He still has a little strength to gain but he doesn't topple over on his face near as often.
He is also trying to get his knees under his body when he is on his stomach. He rolls all over the place. And, he now has 2 teeth!

And I have also won 2 blog contests...
I won this precious onesie for Hudson from Rachel and the The Personalized Peacock. It looks precious on him. Thanks Rachel!
...and I won this cute bucket of goodies (chalkboard bucket, pack of coasters, and lavender scented eye pillow) from The Hip Hostess. I can't wait to relax with the eye pillow on tonight and I am going to use the chalkboard bucket for Jackson's 3rd birthday party. Check out their blog, they have some great parties that they have thrown and some wonderful ideas. Thanks Kim and Ashley!

So, that's what we have been up to. Now hopefully I can get back to blogging again.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You are so welcome, Shannon! Thanks for following us and the wonderful compliments!
Cheers!