Monday, July 5, 2010

An All-American Weekend

4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! I mean what other holiday I get to do some of my favorite things? Family...check, swimming...check, cooking out...check, fireworks...check-yup, we did them all, no wonder I am so tired this morning!

Saturday, we went to Brownsville to see Jason's family and go swimming at his Granny's house.
I enjoyed spending some time with my little ones!
A few weeks ago, Jackson was SO clingy. He would not try arm floaties, and about 5 minutes in he kept saying "I think I'm done." Well this time, he put his arm floaties on immediately. He would get mad if you even came near him! He didn't want anyone helping him.
Hudson liked being in his car. Jason joked that he was Ricky Bobby. "If you're not first, you're last." Ha!
Jackson jumped in BY HIMSELF,
and climbed the slide stairs BY HIMSELF,
and went down the slide BY HIMSELF! (Are you sensing a trend here?)
The first time he went down the slide, I got this. Thumbs up...and he said "That was great!"
Sunday, we just stayed home and bummed around. Jackson worked off some energy in the sprinkler.
That stinker, this is the face I get sometimes when he sees me get the camera out. Is he trying to tell me something?
Hudson practiced feeding himself Puffs. I'm thinking we still need a little practice.
We ate some incredible burgers from the grill master (Jason) and then we all took naps, well everyone but Jackson! Then we headed to the Germantown fireworks.
We attempted a family picture. At least we were all looking at the camera.
Hudson was super pumped about staying up late!
I had some snuggle time with my boys for the whole 2 minutes Jackson sat on my lap. (He then turned to me and asked for a piece of gum. Like he needed a reward for snuggling with me for 2 minutes. Geez)
Jackson liked the fireworks...but lost interest VERY quickly....
...but Hudson LOVED them. Everytime one would go off, he would grunt. It was so funny.
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! I am so thankful to live in a country where I can worship my Lord with no fear and enjoy so many freedoms that our forefathers fought for!
Photobucket

1 comment:

mustard seeds said...

We enjoyed the fireworks with y'all.