Friday, July 30, 2010

Can I Get a Witness...

Kelly is asking people to tell their testimony. I was born and raised in a Christian home. My parents are Godly people who shared the Word with us at very early ages. When I was 7, I realized that I was a sinner and asked the Lord to come into my heart and make his home and I walked an aisle and was baptized.

As I got older, I began to struggle a little with who I was and what my purpose was. Although I never "rebelled" the way most college students do, my heart grew calloused. I continued to go to church, but I was not growing at all. At a revival at our church when I was 18, the preacher spoke on the parable of the wheat and the tares. He was saying that tares grow among the wheat...the only difference is that when you break wheat open, there is something inside. When you break open tare, there is nothing-it is empty, a weed among the wheat. He was saying that there are people in the church that are just there "worshipping" and when you break them open, they are empty just like the tares. I realized then that he was talking to me. I had allowed myself to become empty. I rededicated myself to the Lord. Since then, I have realized how my happiness comes from the Lord- nothing else that I was trying to fill my life with.

I am not perfect...I am a sinner just like everyone yet the Lord still loves me (I still don't understand how I deserve him). I want everyone to know the same sweet Savior that I do. If you have any questions, please email me and I will try my best to answer them.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a wonderful word picture of how so many of us become, especially when we have grown up in church. It's much too easy to play the part! Stopping by from Jenna's blog hop. Your boys are precious!

Jenna said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony!!!

Christi said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony on Kelly's Korner. Your boys are too cute!