Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's Tool Time...Jackson's 3rd Birthday

Whew, what a weekend. Planning, decorating and hosting a birthday party is not for the faint of heart. Several months ago, I asked Jackson what kind of birthday party he wanted and he quickly told me Handy Manny. I thought I had hit the jackpot...I could easily walk into Party City and grab everything I needed and walk out. However, Jackson wanted to test me. He changed his mind and decided he wanted a "car mechanic" party. There was NOTHING out there that I could find with this theme. There was construction but he did not want construction...he wanted car mechanic. I was forced to get creative...I broke out the Cricut and got to work.

So welcome to...
Haynes Repair Shop.
Let me introduce you to the crew: I am Shannon a.k.a "Shop Manager", then there are Jason and Jackson the car mechanics, and our youngest Hudson is the "apprentice".
Jackson was so excited about his big day. (Don't you just love his mechanic shirt? My mom found the shirt at the Goodwill and took it to get monogrammed. He thought he was a real mechanic when he put it on.)
My mom also made Hudson's shirt.
The first thing we did at the party was get to work in the "work shop". All the kids colored trucks and tow trucks.
That is some intense concentration.
He is so proud of his masterpiece.
Then it was "break time".
We ate Nuts & Bolts (Chex Mix)...
...and "Grease Monkey" Munch. (you can get the recipe here)
...and Spare Tires (Mini Oreos).
Then it was on to the "Fillin Station" to choose your fuel. What would you like?.. Regular (Coke), Regular Unleaded (Diet Coke), Diesel (Dr. Pepper), or High Octane (Sprite).
Then it was time for cake/cup cakes and ice cream. My Mom and I made the cake. I was very pleased with the way it turned out....and Jackson LOVED it. I think his favorite part was the candles were tools.
I made the cup cake toppers
Time for some presents
"Hey, what did you get?"
Next, it was time to play. Hudson stayed inside where it was cool...
...and all the big kids went outside.
Before everyone left, Jackson gave everyone a tool cookie favor from Whimsy Cookie Co. They are SUPER DELISH!!! Ya'll have to try them out...You will love them!
Jackson had a wonderful day and although I was EXHAUSTED, I had a great day too. I am already planning Hudson's birthday party for November. Am I crazy? Hmmm...Don't answer that.
Photobucket

19 comments:

Ashley said...

You rocked it! Love the theme and love all the labels and tags. So crafty!
Cheers!
Ashley

TheHipHostess.blogspot.com

Ben and Emily said...

Adorable, absolutely adorable! I love all your details! I think a car mechanic theme totally beats Handy Manny! :)

Happy birthday Jackson!

Mommy Jenny said...

What a cute party! So many cute details, but I think my favorites were the spare tires and the cake! Great job!

Kim said...

Wow Shannon!! You are so creative! Everything looked AMAZING!

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

What a cute idea! You did a great job =) Looks like the special boy enjoyed his day!

Jessica said...

This is so great! You are so creative and talented!

Lindy said...

you are so freakin' AWESOME!!! Jackson and Hudson are truly blessed to have you as their mommy! what a fun and creative way to celebrate his birthday and I agree, car mechanic theme was way cooler than handy manny! :0)

Jenglamgirl said...

Darling theme!!! love the tools in the tool box. Love how you labled things such as break room etc. SO CUTE! coming over from TT&J! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT! jenn

Sandra {sawdust and paper scraps} said...

What an amazing party. I love the tool cookies. I'm going to have to check out that site. The cogs are turning...I'm retiring my "tools" party--- the basement is finished. Someday!

Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts said...

Such a cute party! Great job!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

What a great party!
I love the spare tire station!!
I found you through Tatertots and Jello - you've got a new follower :)

& I have a Jackson too (he just turned 4)

tirzahdawn said...

That is so super cute!!

Kris said...

Wow! What a great party! You are so very creative! :)

Ashley Fisher :) said...

Shannon You did such a great job!! You are so creative!!

Amanda said...

Wow! This is GREAT! You should start a bday party planning blog:)
Amanda
visiting from jennasjourney

Abbie said...

Love the theme! Just 'hopping' around on Jenna's Blog challenge...

Kristen said...

What a creative theme! So funny what little boys come up with :) I love the boys' shirts and the Happy Birthday buntings is too cute.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I love your signs on things like the spare tires! So cute!!!

Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love it all! What circuit cartridge did you use?