Thursday, August 5, 2010

At the beginning of the summer, Jackson was TERRIFIED of the water-I mean he would not even lay on his stomach in the bathtub! Having been a lifeguard and swim instructor for 4 years, I was determined Jackson was going to love the water as much as me. He has been swimming several times this summer and each time he has gotten more comfortable in the water. My Mom got him swimming lessons for his birthday...and he had a blast!
He adored his teachers: Stormi and Cooper
His lessons consisted of blowing bubbles....
...and practicing his kicks and "big arms".
But the majority of the time, he looked like this. Floating in the middle of the pool and not paying any attention to what was going on in his class. (Remember, attention span of a gnat...that's Jackson.)
The classes always ended up with all the kids jumping into the 12 ft. He had no fear! I am happy to say that he passed his level for Pike and I can really tell a difference in his confidence.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.