Monday, September 20, 2010

Block Party 2010

I have a love/hate relationship with our house...but one thing I love is our neighborhood! Last year, we went to our very first block party and we were so excited to go again this year!
Hudson was ready to go too!
There were SO many activities for kids. All the local churches have booths set up. Jackson got his face painted...
...and of course he chose Spider-man!
We ate sno-cones and popsicles and hamburgers.
The boys got to climb on firetrucks...
...and Jackson even got to talk to a real live firefighter. He thought the fireman was awesome!
Jackson played in the bouncy house for a long time....
...then he decided it was time to do the cake walk. He played probably 8 times and still didn't win a cake. He was so upset!
Hudson wasn't nearly as excited about the cake walk as Jackson was!
Since Jackson didn't win a cake, we came home and made cookies before bedtime. (Apparently he needed to quench his need for baked goods!)
While we were making cookies, Jackson dropped his large step stool on his foot. When we see tears from Jackson, I know he is hurt and there were LOTS of tears last night. (we are heading to the Dr. this morning to see if it is broken or infected.)
He then snuggled up on the couch with his Buzz Lightyear puppy and an ice pack to eat his cookies before bedtime. He kept telling us he "had a great day". I love weekends with my kiddos.

2 comments:

The NewlyWares said...

Oh my goodness! Hope he is ok :( poor baby..maybe ill be done at the doc soon myself and drop off some goodies!

Celestial Charms said...

Thanks for becoming a follower of my holiday blog. Your children are adorable. My goodness, you are blessed to have them very close in age. My two children are only 18 months apart, and I know it can be a challenge when they are this little. I hope your son's toe will be ok, and that he is not in much pain now. Love looking at your photos, you take lovely pictures. Have a wonderful week.
Maureen