Monday, November 15, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

I am totally getting into the Christmas spirit. I know what you are going to say, "It's not even Thanksgiving yet.". I know and you know what, I don't care. This week is the deadline for  Operation Christmas Child, so today my 2 favorite little guys and I went and picked out some presents for a little boy.
 Hudson held the instructions and told us what we needed to get...
 ...and Jackson picked all the gifts. Our little boy is going to get some bouncy balls, a Toy Story puzzle and paddleball, Buzz Lightyear watch, a motorcycle, some hard candy, band-aids, a monkey puppet, a coloring book and markers, stickers...
 ...a toothbrush and toothpaste, a Scooby Doo washcloth, some cherry Coke flavored chap stick...
 ...and a flashlight.
 We crammed it packed it neatly in our shoe box and took it to the church down the street from my parent's house.
 I was so proud of Jackson-before we dropped our present off he wanted to pray for the little boy that would be receiving it. He was so excited to take his present to the church and handed it over so proudly.
Even though Hudson was sound asleep, he got a sticker that said "I gave a shoe box" too. I can't wait to do this next year. I want my boys to know that Christmas is not all about getting-but giving to others.

*Jackson funny of the day:
As the day has gone on, Jackson has been talking alot about his little boy. Here is one of our conversations...
Jax: "Mommy, is the little boy in preschool?"
Mommy: "I don't know Jackson. I'm guessing he isn't. You know he probably lives very far away, do you think so?"
Jax: "Yea, I bet he lives in Cordova."
Mommy: "Well, I bet he lives way farther away than Cordova."
Jax: "Umm...like Nashville."
Mommy: "Maybe." (apparently Nashville is VERY far away.)

And if you want to know more about Operation Christmas Child, just watch the video below.

4 comments:

mustard seeds said...

The video is a tearjerker, but powerful. I am proud of you for sharing and teaching the boys how important it is to give to others. God job guys.

Ben and Emily said...

What a wonderful thing to do and teach your children!

Celestial Charms said...

What a moving post. So nice of you to partake in such a giving event.
Have a wonderful week!
Maureen

Celestial Charms said...

What a moving post. So nice of you to partake in such a giving event.
Have a wonderful week!
Maureen