Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

Ok, so I'm going to post Christmas in 2 parts because we have SO many pictures.
We started Christmas Eve off by cleaning the house and wrapping presents and then baking our Christmas cookies. Jackson LOVES to help out in the kitchen. He is so sneaky though, everytime I would turn my back he would slip some cookie dough in his mouth. (He is like his Momma-would rather have his cookies raw than cooked)
After we made our cookies, we headed over to my parent's house to eat dinner. Before we left, we had to make sure to leave our magical reindeer food outside for the visitors we would be having that night.
I wanted to throw this picture in...It's the only one I have where their shirts are clean. Shortly after this they had ketchup EVERYWHERE!!!!
Right after we got there, the doorbell rang. Jackson ran to the door to find a gift bag outside. Santa had dropped off an early present for both the boys before he started his long trek around the world. Jackson was so excited that Santa had brought him a Mobigo and Hudson got a mini play kitchen. Shawn and Darris were sweet and helped Jackson learn how to use it.

We ate dinner (steak, baked potatoes, Olive Garden salad, green bean bundles and rolls...yum so good!) and then we opened presents.
The boys got out of their ketchup shirts and into their Christmas pjs so they could be comfy while they opened everything...and when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. They got so many wonderful presents. My boys are super loved...and super spoiled! =)
Jackson painted my Mom an ornament. He was very proud of his artwork...the best part was on the back. He wrote his initials. It was his first time to write his letters by himself (not tracing anything) and he did a GREAT job!
I had to get out of my jeans too and into some comfy pants (I ate to much yummy steak!) so I could help my boys open their presents. Hudson had more fun playing with the tissue paper.
Is he not the cutest thing you have ever seen?
No Christmas Eve is complete without all 3 (and a half) mechanics putting together one of the boys toys. Why should a children's toy require that many men (and one 3 year old) to put it together?

After the toys were put away and the car was loaded we headed home so 2 boys would be asleep when Santa came...we didn't want him skipping our house.

3 comments:

mustard seeds said...

I love my ornament Jackson made me. Don't forget you still have an easel to pick up. The best part of Christmas is watching the kids open their gifts.

Mommy Jenny said...

I love that you and Hudson are both bare foot! Wasn't it starting to snow outside!?

Shannon said...

Ha! I like that you caught that Jenny...It was about to snow outside. Hudson is like me, we hate to have socks on. I'm telling you, I have to put socks on that kid at least 10 times a day!