Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year Resolutions...

It's that time again. Time for my annual list of resolutions. (and yes, I realize this is 5 days late. Lucky for me, timely blogging is NOT one of my resolutions!)

  • Grow in my walk with the Lord- More quiet times. More church attendance. More verse memory. Period!
  • Weight Loss-I have about 50 lbs of extra baby weight that has stayed on (3 years too long) and this year I am determined to say goodbye to it! My plan is to lose 5 lbs every month so that by 2012 I am 60 lbs lighter. Which brings me to...
  • EXERCISE!!- Ok, this is where I need some MAJOR prayer.=) I am shooting for working out 4 days a week. I have also decided to start the Couch to 5K running plan. I have NEVER been a runner. The thought of running makes me want to cringe however, I am fascinated my runners. My goal for myself is to run the Memphis half-marathon in December. Anyone want to run it with me...I may need some accountability!
  • Being a better Mommy- I want to slow down and not get so worked up on my boys being perfect (and when I say perfect, I mean perfect behavior, perfectly dressed, perfect everything.) I want to be able to enjoy them for the precious 3 year old and 1 year old that they are. This time is fleeting and I want to relish in it.
What do you want to resolve to do this year?

3 comments:

Mommy Jenny said...

I wish we lived closer to each other. I would totally do the couch to 5k training with you! I definitely need to find a workout buddy or I'll NEVER do it!

Steph said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for awhile but I think I've only left one comment, several months ago1 I started the Couch to 5K at the beginning of November and I am LOVING it so far! I have never been a runner, either, but the program totally makes it possible. I've skipped out over the last two weeks, but I'm starting it back up again this afternoon as SOON as my husband gets home from work! My goal is to run a half-marathon this fall. I started a "Running Blog" to document my progress, how I felt during and after the run, etc. I'm looking forward to running in my first 5K (probably this spring) and hopefully a half-marathon later in the year! Good luck!

Ben and Emily said...

I'd love to join ya for the running. I've never been a runner either, but would love to start. I've heard great things about the Couch to 5k!
(let me know if you need a running bud)