Thursday, February 10, 2011

Peanut Butter Goodness

Muddy's  has to be one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. My favorite cupcake is the Tomboy-chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting (my mouth is watering just typing that). The peanut butter frosting is sweet but not too sweet...that to me is what makes it perfect. Last week, I was craving a Tomboy and thought I would be domestic and make my own frosting...and I have to say it was a success! So here ya go...
(*for the cupcake, I just used a boxed chocolate cake mix- not totally domestic there...but I did jazz it up and add some chocolate chips to the batter. Do I get points for that?)

Shannon's Knock Off Tomboys
1 stick of unsalted butter softened
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 cups powered sugar
3 Tbsp. milk

Cream the butter in a mixer and then the rest of the ingredients. Beat until smooth. Frost your cupcakes, top with chocolate sprinkles or mini Reese's cups and enjoy!

2 comments:

Ben and Emily said...

Oh my! I've got to make these, pronto! Thank you for sharing (but my hips don't appreciate it!)!!

Ben and Audrey said...

i made these cupcakes & took them to our small group tonight. they were a big hit! thanks for posting the recipe!