Monday, March 21, 2011

Gorgeous Weekend!

We had the best weekend. When the weather is in the high 70's, you can't go wrong. Saturday, we hung out all day. The boys Hudson took the best nap. When he woke up, we decided that we were going to have family date night. I can count on one hand the times that our family of 4 has gone out to eat. (We usually meet my family to eat or we just get take out and eat at home.) Isn't that sad. We got dressed up and headed to O'Charley's to enjoy a little family time. On the way out, Jackson looked at me and said "I had a great date with you Mommy." I think we will be doing family date night at least once a month now!

Sunday, we went to church and then came home to eat lunch. It was WAY too pretty to take naps, so we decided to walk to the park down the street from our house.
Hudson was ready to go!
We decided to walk the 1 mile track before we went to the playground. We stopped at the obstacle course so Jackson could do the balance beam. 
Hudson's favorite thing is being outside!
Hudson really thought he was something! He loved trying to keep up with the big kids.
Jackson told me "I'm so glad that we came to my favorite park today. Thanks guys!" He is so easy to please.
Hudson has to learn that you don't climb up the slides, you slide down them.
So happy to play outside
Our goal for the afternoon was to wear these boys out...Hudson kept taking breaks on the slide.
And Jackson kept saying he needed water and that he was tired. I think we accomplished our goal.

On the way home, Jackson kept asking if we could get the sprinkler out. I tried to explain to him how windy it was but he said he didn't care. We went with it...don't judge. =)
Hudson was not super excited about the sprinkler. He just liked running around in the front yard. (Are you loving the back rolls....So cute!)
Jackson on the other hand had a blast. He didn't care how cold the water was. After 5 minutes of sprinkler time, it was nap time! Both boys crashed. We even had to wake Hudson up after a 3 hour nap. It was 5:30 p.m and I was afraid he would keep on sleeping if we let him.I am so excited about warmer weather and more time to play outside,

2 comments:

Ben and Emily said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Yesterday, the sprinkler was needed! It was kinda toasty! :)

Mommy Jenny said...

I DO love the back rolls! :)