Thursday, April 7, 2011

April Showers

I am always off with the boys on Monday. To say that this Monday was interesting would be an understatement.

The day started off like any other day. The boys driving each other crazy...
Jackson found one of Hudson's teethers in the refrigerator.
Then Hudson decided that he needed it! (Hudson is really excelling at throwing tantrums!)
So they decided to share it.
As we were eating lunch, the weathermen busted in on Young and the Restless (Yes, I know not the most quality show. It's what we watch at work during lunch and on my days off I still watch it. I had to find out what was going to happen with Sharon and her murder trail. Ha!) I knew they had been predicting rain but had no idea what we were in for. Hail, winds, tornadoes...it was bad. As they were telling us where the tornado was headed, our power went out. I was trying to round up our flashlights when I heard a loud bam. Hudson had wandered off and because it was so dark he ran into the wall. Bless his heart. We gathered our pillows and flashlights and went to hang out in the hallway. 
Having an adventure in the hallway.
Hudson was not phased by the storm at all (except for running into the wall!). He just thought it was neat to play with his flashlight. 
Jackson on the other hand was TERRIFIED!
He needed to make a little phone call to Daddy to make sure everything was going to be ok.
After everything was over, Jackson and I went outside to access the damage. We had several big limbs that fell from our tree but that was it-we were lucky!
Several of our neighbors were not that lucky. Huge oak trees were down all over the place. I do not want to go through one of those storms again. I'm ready for those "May flowers"!

1 comment:

Ben and Emily said...

Glad y'all are alright. It wasn't fun at all and hopefully there wont be another one anytime soon!