Friday, April 8, 2011

Lose It Girl!

Weight Loss Challenge
One of my resolutions this year was to lose weight. (Who's isn't though, right?) A few weeks ago, I joined Weight Watchers and so far through that I have lost 5.6 lbs. I saw this challenge on a few blogs and thought "What the heck, lets do this!" Now, I will NEVER put my starting weight on here. (Maybe in December when I am all hot and svelte, I will drop that number on you, but not right now.) I will tell the percentage of weight that I lost that week.

Over these 8 weeks of this challenge, I am setting a goal of 12 lbs-just 1.5 lbs. a week. How am I going to do this?

*Working out Mon, Tues, Wed, and Sat. My church has started a Zumba class 2 nights a week and it is actually pretty fun. I also do the elliptical on Wed. and do some sort of cardio on Saturday.

*Eating...We are eating a TON of chicken. Also, we are loading up on fruits and veggies. I am keeping up with my weight watcher points as well.

So, here I go...pray for me! =)

6 comments:

Cheryl E. said...

Good luck! I am trying to get this baby weight off but man is it hard!

Mommy Jenny said...

Good for you, Shannon! I need to do something like this. Maybe one day...

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Thanks for linking up! I hope you will find lots of encouragement. I am excited to follow your progress! Good luck :)

Ben and Emily said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on the 5.6llbs! Keep up the great work!

I love Zumba and we have several ladies who have lost 50llbs + over the last year doing it! :)

Amy said...

Good luck!! David has been working out and trying to eat better since October, and it has really made a difference!

Rachel McPhillips said...

WW is how I lost the first half on my weight. It's an awesome program! Thanks for linking up!