Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More Jackson-isms

*Each night at dinner we do a little Bible time which consists of a verse and story out a little devotional book and then we say the blessing. Jackson's favorite blessings are the tried and true "God is great, God is good..." and one that says: "Our hands we fold, our heads we bow and for our food we thank God now." Well last night, that prayer turned into "I hold my hands, I bow my head. Thank you God for shaving my head. Amen." As soon as the word "shaving" came out of his mouth, Jason and I lost it.

*Last week on the way home from school, I wanted to see if Jackson knew any nursery rhymes. I stared out with Jack and Jill.
Mommy: Jackson, I want you to finish up my sentences. Jack and Jill went up the...
Jackson: Hill. (Thinking to myself "Nice. He must have already learned this.")
Mommy: To fetch a pail of...
Jackson: Dirt. ("Umm...not so much.")
Mommy: Jack fell down and broke...
Jackson: His head. ("gross.")
Mommy: And Jill came...
Jackson: Across the little bridge.

*This weekend when we were at the zoo, we went to the farm area. We were trying to teach Hudson what all the animals say. (On a side note, Hudson wants NOTHING to do with anything educational. He doesn't care to learn anything!!!) We went to the chickens and cows. Jackson was being so sweet to try to help his little brother. Well, then we got to the donkeys....
Mommy: "Hey Jackson, tell Hudson what that donkey says."
Jackson (using his best Eddie Murphy voice): "Donkey says "You need a tic tac or something cause your breath stinks."
Ok, that little boy watches too much Shrek!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Precious! You'll be so glad you wrote all these cute things down! They make good Thanksgiving conversation years down the road too!

We use this book in addition to the Children's Storybook Bible, and it's been a great way for our kids to learn verses when they were preschool age. They still sing the songs. It was one of my favorite gifts from one of my sweet friends. We've lost the CD several times and have had to reorder, but it's been worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Memory-Bible-Sure-Fire-Learn-Verses/dp/1591450632

I've seen that they have several other things too, but I've never ordered them. It still makes me laugh that Kirk Cameron from our teen years is the narrator!

kwindsor said...

What a great idea to write these down. These are so funny! I love your blog. It looks great.