Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I did....It was busy but it was so much fun.
Saturday, we went to Brownsville to celebrate with Jason's family. This is Mamaw (Jason's Mom) posing with all her grandsons.
Jackson and his cousin Reed played outside the entire afternoon. They really enjoyed rolling in the grass. Just looking at this picture makes me all itchy.
Jackson and Reed...
...Hudson did not want anything to do with taking pictures.

Sunday morning, I was feeling terrible so we slept in. When I woke up, Jason and the boys brought me presents. They gave me the sweetest card and a gift card for a massage (do those boys know me or what?) and then Jason went and got us some breakfast. That afternoon, we went to my parent's house to see my family. The boys played outside for a long time and then we decided to go fishing.
Jackson got a fishing pole for Easter and he has been DYING to go fishing. He got his bread in hand ready to go. (This was an inpromtu fishing trip so we used dough balls...We had to use what we had.)
Jason, Jackson and my Dad had fun fishing...
...while my Mom
...and I corraled Hudson. He was not happy that he didn't get to get near the water like Jackson. (Several tantrums were thrown...I am seeing terrible 2's in the very near future!)
After fishing 5 minutes, Jackson caught his very first fish. He was SO excited but he didn't want to get anywhere near that fish.
He was hesitant when my Dad took it off the hook. He took off running.  After the excitement of catching his fish, he totally lost interest in fishing. (I am just glad he made it 5 minutes before he was done.)
Jackson played on the playground...
...And Huds did a little swinging with Mimi.
I am so thankful to have some amazing Mothers in my life. Women that are great examples of how to be a Godly Mother. I am also blessed with 2 incredible boys that gave me the name Mommy and a wonderfully supportive husband. My cup was overflowing all weekend long.

1 comment:

Ben and Emily said...

Hope you're feeling better. Looks like y'all had a nice day! Yay for a massage...you deserve it!

Happy (belated) Mother's day!