Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Year and a Half

Hudson has 1 more week to be considered 18 months old so I thought I needed to update his stats.
Height:  34 in (80th percentile)
Weight:  29.1 lb (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 48.5 cm (75th percentile)

Hudson, what are you up to now?:

* You are EVERYWHERE! You have learned to open door knobs and climb on anything. Once again, the life we once knew has momentarily changed. We are having to remember to make a better effort of putting things where you can't reach them (like drinks...We have had a few cokes that have ended up on the floor.)

*My one time good eater has gotten a little picky. You are not a fan of sandwiches. (I'm like Joey on Friends...Sandwiches are my favorite food!) Which is hard because that is what lunch is alot of time. At dinner, you always eat your fruit or veggies first. We are always struggling to get you to eat your meat. I know this is a phase, but it is frustrating.

*My one time quite guy is now talking All. The. Time! What are you saying?
Hey, Hi, Bye, Mommy, Dada, Bubba (for Jackson), Mimi, Dink (drink), Tank ooo (Thank you), Nini (night night), All did (all done), Amy (amen), Biiee (bite), Uh-Oh, Bob (paci), Unkey (monkey lovey), Peas (please), and the most important word in our house BungeBob (SpongeBob).
This video reminds me of Hudson. Every day when he gets in the car, this is what I hear. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, MommyDaddy, MommyDaddy, MommyDaddy...." It is so funny!

 *Your favorite toy is our old house phone. You will carry it with you all day long-It is so funny. You also love to put all your toys in my empty bag and carry it around the house. You are very easily amused.  

*You LOVE to give hugs and wet slobbery kisses.

*You are still SO clumsy! You constantly have skinned knees. Bless your little heart. 
We took you to the Dr. this month and we think we have the answer to why you are so clumsy. After an x-ray on your legs, They told us you have bow legs and Internal Tibial Torsion. They hope that you will grow out of it.
*You love to be silly. You love to make people laugh and have so much joy in your life. Your smile lights up a room!

Hudson,
My sweet little silly boy! You have quite a personality and I can't wait to see where it takes you in the future. You will do great things little boy.
Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Ben and Emily said...

Happy 18 months Huds!

Loving the phone picture! He needs a few more hands..ha!! He sure is a cutie!

Michelle said...

He's so cute!
I went to an appointment the other day and saw a Christmas card on the check-in desk. It was your family Christmas card! I told the lady who checked me in that I recognized those boys because I read their mom's blog. She said,"She works here! This is her spot, but she is off work today!" Thought you might like to know that your babies are adorably recognizable!