Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4 Years Ago...

4 years ago today (at 4:24 pm to be exact) I became a new Mom. I was discovering a love like I had never known before. I was embarking on a new journey and couldn't wait to see where it would take me!
3 years ago, I had been a Mom for a year and it had been the best year of my life! I had a precious little boy who I was so very proud of. My love grew more everyday. And I heard the sweetest voice call me my new name "Mommy".
2 years ago, I learned that being a Mom is filled with both joy and heartache. I also watched my son grow from a baby to a little boy and my heart swelled with pride.
Last year, I began learning things about little boys. Things I never thought I needed to know: Like the difference between a tractor and a harvester and that Ironman's super power is his repulsor blaster and his arc light. (Yes, Jackson taught me those important things!) I also watched him learn so many things...how to spell his name, letters and numbers, his address and my phone number, the pledge and 5 Bible verses.
And today, this little boy who captured my heart 4 years ago is growing bigger by the second. I am so thankful that God gave me the responsibility to be his Mommy.

Jackson,
You sweet, sweet boy! I can't believe that you are 4 today. How can that be? Aren't you still supposed to be my little baby?
I have loved watching you grow up into the independent, strong-willed little boy you are today. You have a personality that is bigger than life and a zeal for life that I long for. I pray that you can keep that zeal with you always.
Jax, I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you. I know you will do big things.
                   I love you Stinkpot...
                      Mommy

No comments: