Monday, July 4, 2011

Lately...

I have done a terrible job of blogging this summer. Let me show you what we have been up to lately!
We have done our best to stay as cool as possible with all this heat. That means trips to the sprinkler park, swimming, and dragging out the sprinkler at our house. Last week we went to the sprinkler park with some friends. Jackson was the only "older" boy there. He was such a trouper with all the girls playing princess.
I have been trying to run as much as possible. It's hard with all this heat. Yesterday morning, I was really proud of myself. I ran for 20 minutes without stopping. That is the longest I have run without stopping to walk. I know it may not sound like much. This is coming from the girl who 2 months ago couldn't run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die! a little winded! I am still pretending to be a runner, but maybe one day it will be true! Ha!
And last but not least, I am working hard on getting everything ready for Jackson's birthday party. I will let you take a guess as to what the theme is. Yes, it's Superhero of course! We got the invitations from Shutterfly and I think they are perfect (they were also free which helps them be even cuter...I am all about saving $80 on invitations!) And these are his cupcake toppers that I am making. (Ironman, Spiderman, Incredible Hulk, and a Super Jackson.) He just told me that he also wants Capt. America so I guess I will be working on that this week too. I love how everything is turning out. Can't wait to celebrate his birthday next weekend. (And on a side note...how is my baby turning 4?)

So there you have it...Just a little glimpse in what we have been up to. I am going to try my best to be a better blogger (to the whole 4 people that actually read my blog!)

4 comments:

mustard seeds said...

I read every post, and you will be glad one day to print it all off and be able to look back and remember these fun times. I LOVE the cupcake toppers!

Mommy Jenny said...

Love the cupcake toppers and invitations! Can't wait to see pictures from the party!
And, P.S., 20 minutes of running sounds like an eternity to me! You're doing great!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

great job running! I cannot imagine running with it being so humid!

Also, those super hero toppers are adorable or whatever you say for little boys! haha!

Ben and Emily said...

YAY for 20 minutes! That's awesome!

Lovin' those invites. I can't wait to see the rest of your details, because I know they'll be fabulous.