Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday School for 4 Year Olds

Today as we were leaving church, I asked Jackson what he learned in Sunday School. Usually this is followed by a "Nothing." or "I dunno.". Today he told me he learned about tornadoes. (Huh?) Puzzled, I continued to question him.
Mommy: "What do you mean tornadoes?"
Jackson: "See Jesus was in a boat and he was taking a nap and it was a terrible storm and maybe there was a tornado." (Told with only the dramatic voice that Jackson could tell a story with.)
Mommy: "And did Jesus tell that storm to stop?"
Jackson: "No. Jesus told that water to 'Be quiet.' and it did."
Mommy: "Why do you think that the storm stopped?"
Jackson: "Cause he's Jesus. He can do anything."

And there you have it...Sunday School from a 4 year old!

3 comments:

mustard seeds said...

Amen! From the mouth of babes...

Anonymous said...

That is just adorable.

Amanda Money said...

Hi! I ran across your blog on Kellys Korner today. That crack dip sounds soooo good. I'll definitely be trying that at a tailgating party this year. I also saw you live in Memphis and have a son named Jackson. I live about 2 hrs west of you in Arkansas and have a son name Jackson too! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower!