Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cotton Pickin 5k

Saturday was my first 5k in a LONG time. My Mom, Jackson and I did the Cotton Pickin 5k in Somerville. Yes, Jackson did his first 5k. This little boy is turning into quite the athlete.
Pre-race, pre-sweat pictures!
On your mark, get set, go!
There go Mimi and Jackson!
Here I come hobbling across the finish line "sprinting to the finish".
Jackson and Mimi about to cross the finish line. Jackson started off very strong. On the last mile, He told Mimi he needed to rest. Mom held his hand and pulled him the rest of the way. (Thank you Mom!)
Post-race pic! We did it!
Post-race high-fives
Jackson giving me a thumbs up AND the #1 sign. Apparently Jackson was VERY excited to have done and finished the race!
Jackson also got a medal for participating. He is becoming quite the fan of trophies and medals!

4 comments:

Anna Pearson said...

This is awesome! I'm really impressed with all of your hard work, and what an accomplishment to be instilling healthy habits in Jackson. I've been working out a lot more recently and hoping to run my first 5K this fall in about 6 years. You inspire me!

Ben and Emily said...

Woohoo! I think it's awesome you've started Jackson out so early.

mustard seeds said...

As we were a little more than half way he looked at me and said, "Mimi, do you think this is a good thing for us to do?",. He was tired, but proud of himself for finishing. I am, too.

Jessica said...

Shannon...that is awesome! You are looking so good too! This makes me want to get out and run...which is something I have never done in my entire life!