Monday, November 14, 2011

Operation Christmas Child 2011

It's that time of year again...Time for Operation Christmas Child. Jackson has been looking forward to this for months. He still remembers buying a present for "his boy" last year and has been so excited to get another boy a present this year. After church yesterday, we headed out to buy our goodies for our little boy.
Hudson was such a big helper...
...And Jackson took finding the perfect present very seriously!
There were a few things that we told him we couldn't get our little boy...
...like this package of roaches (I almost had a panic attack holding a package of fake roaches!)....
...and frozen pancakes.
This morning, we went to my parent's house and we all packed up our boxes.
Jackson was so very excited for his "little boy" and all the neat things he will get.
So many goodies for him. Band-aids, tooth brush and tooth paste, hairbrush and comb, a watch, a football, several cars, lots of candy, a monkey, frisbee, a coloring book and markers.
Between our 2 families we had 4 boxes...2 for girls and 2 for boys.
I was able to pay our postage online and we will be able to track our box and find out what country it goes to. We will be praying for our box and the little boy that will receive it.
We dropped them off at my parent's church.
My boys were SO proud of their packages.

If you would like to get involved in Operation Christmas Child, check out the video below. I promise it will bless your heart!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! We just finished our boxes and posted about it too! We are also praying that it will encourage others and for our three precious recipients!

Hope you all are feeling better! I left you a comment the other day, but I did it from my phone and I don't think I entered my google password, so I don't think you got it. Anyway, I thought of you when we started getting sick -- and passing it around! Hope the holidays are without an ER visit for both our families!!!

Blessings!
Allyson