Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Q and A

I have seen several blogs do fun little Q & As this year. So here is a little bit about me and the way we celebrate Christmas.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate mixed in with coffee. It is so yum! Egg nog makes me gag!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He sets most of them under the tree and a few are wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Right now we have white. I do like colored though...maybe next year.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No...I don't need mistletoe. (ha!)
5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving...but they stay up forever. After Christmas, I am so lazy and just "can't seem to find the time to put them up". I honestly think my house looks better decorated for Christmas so I don't want it to go back to normal.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? All of them =) Ok, so I have to narrow it down to one? If so, then I guess turkey. I love it and for some reason never make it other than at holidays.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I don't know if it is my favorite but it is one of the most memorable (and the one we laugh about the most now!). When I was in elementary school-probably 2nd grade-my sister and I both asked for Guinea Pigs for Christmas. On Christmas morning, my parents would always go downstairs before us and make sure that Santa had come. My Dad went to check and with a little panic in his voice called up to my Mom, "Sheila, please come in here." My sister and I freaked out. We thought "That's it. Santa didn't come. We were just bad enough for him to forget about us." Turns out the pet guinea pigs that Santa had gotten us had died under the tree and they were trying to figure out what to do with them. The Pet store at the mall sold "Santa" guinea pigs that were not ready. The next day, my dad may or may not have had some words with the pet store manager. When the pet store manager refused to do anything for him, he also may or may not have pulled the dead guinea pigs out of the box for the whole store to see. Gotta love my Dad!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well, kinda. We go to my parent's house and have Christmas with them, so yes we open gifts there. Santa and our family presents are saved for Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I LOVE our tree. It has those big white bulb lights on it and is decorated with the boys homemade ornaments! It's perfect.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don’t have to drive in it and can stay home with my boys and play all day.

12. Can you ice skate? I can barely walk without tripping on something. What makes you think I can ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Probably an old school Nintendo! Loved Tetris, Duck Hunt and the original Super Mario Bros.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending special time with my family is great but the most important thing is the birth of my Savior.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I LOVE all desserts, I don't discriminate!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love all the new traditions we are staring with our boys. Setting out their Little People nativity and talking about the Christmas story, going to Alpine Village, going out and looking at Christmas lights at night, and of course our silly elf Max that comes stay with us for a month.
17. What tops your tree? I switch every year. Last year was gold "ting-ting" but this year is an angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving. This year I am making a lot of my presents and I am so excited to give them, I have worked so hard on them!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Not really a fan. I would much rather have a chocolate bar.

20. Favorite Christmas show? Movie? How much time do you have? I have so many favorites. This year we have watched a lot of Elf and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. When the kids go to bed, Jason and I watch Christmas Vacation!
21. Saddest Christmas Song? I find the sad songs annoying and turn the channel. I think Christmas Shoes is the worst....SO annoying!

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love Oh Holy Night and anything by Mariah Carey. I'm not a Mariah fan for her normal music but her Christmas songs are awesome!

1 comment:

mustard seeds said...

Laughed out loud remembering those poor guinea pigs, and the episode in the pet store the next day, but luckily that nice lady who let us come over on Christmas Day to get Patch, saved the day.