Thursday, January 12, 2012

2011: In Pictures

January:
We had our first snow of the year (There were several snows last year. Totally not normal for Memphis weather!)
Hudson also got his first "big boy" haircut. No more looking like Chris Farley!

*This month Hudson also learned how to walk! I can't find a picture of him but I do have a video HERE
February:
We went to our first 3d movie. We loved Gnomeo and Juliet.
We also took advantage of some unseasonably warm weather and played outside.
March:
We wore our blue and gray to support our favorite team during March Madness. T-I-G-E-R-S...Tigers!
We also wore our best green and yellow to John Deere Day.
April:
We played at the new Shelby Farms Playground.
Both boys love it.
We also celebrated Easter.
May:
Jackson caught his first fish ever!
We also spent as much time as we could at the zoo!
June:
This is the month of water play...
...the sprinkler...
...the sprinkler park...
...and swimming were our favorite ways to beat the heat this month.
July:
Jackson turned 4 and had a superhero birthday party. Seriously, how is that possible, 4?
We also had fun on our "Staycation" downtown where Jackson learned to swim by himself!
August:
Jackson competed in his first triathlon. He did GREAT!
September:


Jackson played in his first soccer game. 4 year old soccer has to be the greatest thing in the world to watch!
I also celebrated my last birthday. =) Can I stay 29 forever?
October:
Hudson wore his sunglasses EVERYWHERE!
And Jackson spent Halloween as an inpatient at LeBonheur.
Thor and Hulk had as much fun as they could trick-or-treating at the hospital.
November:
Hudson turned 2! The cutest 2 year old in the world!
We also celebrated Thanksgiving-our first holiday that wasn't spent in the hospital! =)
December:
I ran in my first half-marathon.
Jackson wrote letters to Santa...
He also sang in his first Christmas program at church.
And we celebrated the birth of our Savior.

I can't believe that 2011 is gone. I look at these pictures and am blown away by how much my boys have grown up. I am so excited about 2012. I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do!

1 comment:

mustard seeds said...

I don't know why, but this post made me cry. What a year.