Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Love Story

I saw this on another blog and thought it was cute. Happy Valentines Day to all my bloggy friends!

1. How long have you & your significant other been together?
We have been together 8 years....December 3rd, 2003 to be exact.

2. How did you meet? {What's your love story?}
We met while I was in hair school. At night, I would work at William-Sonoma. Jason's brother and one of his friends worked there. They thought that we would be perfect together so they told him about me. Jason came up to meet me one night while I was working and they forgot to tell me that Jason and his brother were twins. Everyone that was working that night thought that I was going out with Jeff.

3. If married, how long have you been married?
5 years 9 months

4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We got married at our church, Kirby Woods Baptist. It was a small-ish wedding with maybe about 125-150 people.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
I call him "J" but that's it for pet names. We aren't "Honey" and "Baby" kind of people.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

1. He is a great Daddy. Our boys adore him.

2. He is hard-working. He works super hard to provide for us.

3. We have so much fun together. The couple who laughs together, stay together!

7. Tell us how he proposed?
October 14, 2005- We decided to take a Friday off of work together and do some fun things around town. We went to the Pink Palace Crafts Fair and then went to eat lunch. We drove around looking at houses, dreaming. Dreaming of being a family, owning a home...you know, the American Dream. Ha! Jason got the bright idea to go downtown and walk around. (I was a smidge suspicious since we NEVER go downtown. As he was driving, I may have looked at his pockets to see if he had anything "ring box" shaped in his pocket. When he didn't I lost all hope that it was going to happen. Jason being the smart cookie that he is, took the ring out of the box and just stuck it in his pocket.) We shopped and ate some more and then finished the evening at the top of the Peabody. It was starting to get cold, and I was starting to be a brat. I wanted to head home because I was tired but he kept standing in one spot. I didn't realize that he was waiting for everyone to leave and for us to be the only ones on the roof of the Peabody. He said something sweet, got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I then got down on my knees too, said YES! and may or may not have screamed.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day or strawberries, champagne, & rose petals?
Nope, that's just not our style. He will leave me a sweet note on my steering wheel or get me something small. Neither one of us is real big into Valentines Day.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop in a movie and relax on the couch?
Oh, the way to get my heart is 3 little words...Redbox, Take-out, couch! That really gets me.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything or go anywhere?
Go anywhere...ALONE! Even if just for a weekend. I won't be picky. Anywhere, with J and no kids.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day.
Taking the dog to the vet, making chicken fajitas, and watching Big Bang Theory. Super romantic, right?

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?
Nope.

13. Give us one piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong & full of love.
Worship together. Spend time together. Have fun!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you...
Our first picture as a family of 4. This just makes me smile.

1 comment:

emily said...

Love that picture! Such a beautiful family.

We're not big on Valentine's either. Love the Redbox/couch/take out date night.